Even in a small space, the right vanity can tie a bathroom together and give you the room necessary to store a few items close at hand. With the multitude of options out there, it’s easy these days to find a vanity that will perfectly compliment your bathroom, no matter your style.
- Bathroom vanities make a great area for hidden storage. I’ve seen some great storage ideas for vanities to keep things neat and tidy, and hidden from view of your visiting guests. Use baskets or bins for larger items or hygiene products, and use storage trays in your drawers to keep your smaller items including makeup organized and easy to find. A vanity is a wonderful way to hide the products you use every day that you don’t necessarily want to display to the world.
- Your vanity can also serve as a fabulous decorative piece in a bathroom, like any other furniture. It can actually become the focal point and add a surprising punch of colour, or be fashioned from an antique that you just can’t part with but have no other use for. Vanities have been made from old dressers and bed side tables, or even custom built out of old barn wood. You can also purchase a box store vanity and refurbish or paint it to make it entirely your own.
- Keeping clutter away from your sink and off the cupboard will enable you to maintain a bathroom that stays cleaner and is more welcoming to use. There’s nothing worse than trying to get ready in the morning and having to clear space before you can even start your grooming. When you have a vanity available, you free up room for your morning routine and the sink area stays tidier.
- A well designed vanity can certainly add value to your home. A pedestal sink can certainly look nice, but one of the first things people ask when faced with one in a home they’re thinking about buying is where bathroom items will be stored. Without a vanity it takes some creativity to figure out how to keep necessary products close at hand. Nobody wants to be stuck in the bathroom while the toilet paper is stored in a linen closet down the hall. Vanities have become an item that potential buyers expect and will make resale much more likely.
- A bathroom vanity can be the most versatile piece of furniture in the house and can easily reflect your personality. It can also be modified quickly and cost effectively; wood vanities can be painted or sanded down and re stained. A change of drawer fronts or even just the pulls or knobs can shift the look dramatically. A vanity becomes an easy way to change the entire feel of your bathroom without breaking the bank.
The benefits of a bathroom vanity are numerous, and adding one to your home can take a bathroom from mundane to marvellous.
This article was written by Jon Reyes from Steam and Shower UK. Jon has been writing articles for over 10 years and is a commanding voice in the health and fitness community.